Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PsPAd ByPIC colour scheme

Posted by davidc 
PsPAd ByPIC colour scheme
December 15, 2014 11:52AM
Hi,

Just an new user and testing ByPIC for use. Wonder if anyone could give me a quick pointer as to why I can't apply any of the PsPad theme colours to the ByPIC syntax highlighting?

If I choose another language in PsPAD then the theme colours apply. If I then choose ByPIC it overrides the current theme and then I can't revert.

As I have a slight visual impairment it's the first I do in a new IDE/Editor - colours and fonts. I will try and alter each highlighter seperatly - I must admit I haven't tried this yet and hopefully I can then save it. Sorry - haven't used PsPAD before and unlikely to for other work, just for ByPIC programming - it's only for syntax highlighting, so I suppose I could re-do that in my preferred Windows editor NotePad++.

Thank you in advance for any tips.

David.
Re: PsPAd ByPIC colour scheme
December 15, 2014 04:56PM
David,
The highlighter has been set in place as part of the IDE http://www.bypic.co.uk/index.php/IDE. when you download this you download a copy of PSPad that has all of the correct settings in place.

You need to start the PsPad editor inside the serial terminal by typing .edit (dot edit) on the black screen. Make sure no other instance of PSpad is running before typing .edit. This will then open a version of PSPad that has been set up to work with ByPic and then the syntax highlighting will work.

Jim
Re: PsPAd ByPIC colour scheme
December 16, 2014 10:25AM
Thanks Jim,

Didn't use the .edit command (but did use the IDE download) so will see if that works and if I can customize the ByPIC colour theme.

Kind Regards.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.