error line 180 >> if tbl_get(periph,0) = (tbl_get(pin,0) & 0xf0) then<<
ERROR (44) function does not return anything[06]
lines loaded 180
1 Warning(s)
ERROR (44) function does not return anything
1:/ ok

1:/ ok hello fellows
i am trying ti install rookie on my bv523 and cant do part 2 ,part one was fine
tried many times but get stuck at the same place, any ideas ?
kind regards
john
Re: rookie
May 13, 2013 09:03AM
1) Make sure you have the latest firmware installed 2.08 Serial 201307017
2) use flsave("") after the first download
3) Clear the browser cache in case rookie has been updated
May 14, 2013 10:52PM
Thanks Jim I have got a little closer by updating the firmware and i use flsave("") and see the list of saved files for parts one and two but now on the third part the blue line stops half way across and it all freezes waiting for ack.
its set for the 115200 setting and wont respond at all with higher speeds to the reset icon
i have tried clearing and starting all over again several times
john
May 15, 2013 09:15AM
There are only 2 parts to the BV523 rookie???????
May 15, 2013 06:05PM
ok job done and for the benefit of all others i confess my sins
i read through the example about installing rookie and thought that the 500 in the url was the same for all the 500 series
it does say in the instructions that it may need changing but it was not until i found the page rookie_firmware it dawned on me i was trying to install the wrong firmware.
Jims reply that there was only two parts confirmed it.

the moral of the story is read it all, dont just think yea yea i know all that.
john
May 18, 2013 10:59AM
well i thought i had it in the bag !
without rookie installed my program loads and runs about 70 or so lines as long as i dont use the adc functions as they are within rookie
as soon as i install rookie only 11 lines are loaded and i get the ok prompt
i tried the calculator example and its the same, without rookie it works but with rookie only a handfull of lines load.
list(0) shows the functions of rookie are present even after a power down so its in flash not ram and flclear removes rookie and restores normal operation.
the only reason i want rookie is i need to use the adc so may have to resort to the hard way.
john
May 18, 2013 01:00PM
John,
the calculator program was written before rookie and so there may be things in there that clash with it. It needs re-writing with rookie in mind - any volunteers. Also the firmware has changed and so these programs are in need of updating - any volunteers.

What error message are you getting?

If you just need the ADC element of rookie then you have two options:

1) Have a look at how the ADC works in rookie and then copy it or the bits you need to your program
2) Don't install all of rookie, just the ADC part. Download rookie to a local file, you can do this by placing the rookie URL on the address line of the browser or click this link and copy and paste the text into PSPad or notepad.
The ADC bit of rookie is tint and will probably work without the rest of the rookie being loaded.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.