Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BP2 SD card READ / WRITE

Posted by kev1953 
BP2 SD card READ / WRITE
July 09, 2014 04:17PM
Hi can you tell me where I can find info for the protocol for reading and writing to the sd card
Re: BP2 SD card READ / WRITE
July 09, 2014 04:54PM
yes,
that and other commands are all in the language guide (www.bypic.co.uk), or the keyword index may be better, all file commands beginning with f. For example to read a file called fred:
dim f, s$[128]
f = fopen("fred.txt","r")
fread(s$,f)
print s$ // prints first line of text file
fread(s$,f)
print s$ // prints second line of text file

fclose(f) // frees up memory
July 10, 2014 09:49AM
Many thanks Jimeer, a link to these would be good on the BP2 page
Old boards had a PDF file for each board
but now it seams you have to try and find the info for each board
July 10, 2014 11:05AM
Thanks, point taken. There is now prominent link on the page.
Re: BP2 SD card hardeare and configuration
February 19, 2015 04:38PM
Hi,

As BP2 is not available (would it be a surplus one to buy?) I am considering connect a SDCARD module to a BP1,

Would it be possible to have the hardware connection and configuration, in order to be able to use the File System with the SD card module?

BR,

eHc
February 19, 2015 05:09PM
I don't have any BP2 PCB's left, for others if you have this in a project and need one I can create a few but there will be a one off cost.

Now for your question. The BP2 is being replaced with the bv509 http://www.bypic.byvac.com/index.php/BV509, There is also the BV513 still available http://www.bypic.byvac.com/index.php/BV513_V2.

The BP1 does not have any firmware for adding an SD card however if I get a bit of time I will look into creating some firmware for the BP1 or any MX170 (BV502). It will however reduce the space available by about 90k

Jim
February 20, 2015 06:56PM
Hi,
Regarding the BV509, is it available?, at what price?. I have not been able to find it in the shops nor in Ebay,

BR,

eHc
February 21, 2015 08:25AM
Sorry I should have said.
It will be available in the next few days.
Jim
February 22, 2015 06:01PM
Firmware is now available for the BP1 that will read and write FAT to an SD Card
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.