Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BV_Serial & Linux

Posted by MikeV 
BV_Serial & Linux
January 31, 2015 12:45PM
If I try and run BV_Serial (ver 14) from source on Linux I get: "ImportError: No module named win32pipe". This looks like a Windows OS specific module? Or am I missing a library?
Re: BV_Serial & Linux
January 31, 2015 01:26PM
yes,
(** I have just posted to here Version 13 that does not include any Windows pipe I forgot about that, so download V13 instead **)

The pipe is to transfer a program or script from the clipboard to another program. Thus when you press F4 in PSpad it places the contents of that editor window into the clipboard, it then open a pipe to BvSerial and sends the data via the pipe to that, which of course in turn loads it onto the BV device.

I do not know enough about Linux to carry out this process on that system, although I believe it would be much easier than Windows. The alternative is to use .tl (dot tl) and send the file as a file. I.e. if you have a file called fred.bas then use .tl and a dialogue will open where you can place fred.bas, then send that. This is one extra step over the Windows environment:
1) create the fred.bas file
2) save it
3) use .tl to transfer it
** there is also a .tll which will transfer the last file, it saves having to open the dialogue for the same file. .h (dot h) will list all of the commands available.

Everything is in Python, so any Linux experts out there who want to have a go feel free; perhaps with a Linux program editor.
Jim
January 31, 2015 01:36PM
Hi Jim, Tried Version 13 but it also has "import win32pipe, win32file, win32event, pywintypes" on line 33?
January 31, 2015 01:43PM
oops, try 12
Sorry I don't currently have a working Linux system so cant test myself - this one does not import any pipes at the top of the code.
Jim
January 31, 2015 01:50PM
Version 12 works! Thanks!!
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.