Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

new ESP Firmware webpage GET

Posted by ls7u 
new ESP Firmware webpage GET
August 20, 2016 06:41PM
Hi i have started changing a few of my projects to work with the new ESP Firmware but i cant seem to send a request to webserver correctly using wifi.sendGetRequest()

The esp is connected to the internet and the google time example works confirming this.
esp ver :1_1.9.13

using the OLD AT firmware / lib the following bellow worked ok no problems (api key removed for this forum posting)
get("api.thingspeak.com", "/update?key=myapikey&field1=10",80)

now using the new method my data is not being sent

wifi.sendGetRequest("api.thingspeak.com","/update?key=myapikey&field1=10",80,"")

Just have a feeling that the page data ("/update?key=myapikey&field1=10") is not all being sent.

Have i missed something or is there a bug ?

Thanks
Luke

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2016 06:46PM by ls7u.
Re: new ESP Firmware webpage GET
August 21, 2016 05:20PM
There have been problems with sendGetRequest so the firmware has been updated, ESP now on 17 and the wifi for ByPic has been updated.

Start with wifi.start(*BV508(),1) for device BV508 and UART1, there are several device types at the top of the file.

Try updating the ESP first, as that definitely had a problem with the sendGetRequest. The new IDE is also useful for debugging.
August 21, 2016 07:32PM
Jim , thanks for your reply .

Just updated the esp firmware and sendGetRequest is now working fine so i am happy .

But cant seem get DHCP to work with new firmware(+++ info shows it as 0.0.0.0 ect ) i have to set its IP manually to get everything to work.

This is how im connecting to my home router...

wifi.start(*BV508a(),1)

wifi.setstation("MYSSID","PASS") 

wifi.setip("0","192.168.1.1","0")     //192.168.1.1 is my router

can you see anything im doing wrong or is a bug ?

Thanks again for your reply !

Luke
August 22, 2016 09:15AM
Luke,
I have not checked the DHCP so it is probably the ESP firmware, I will look into it with an update. I must confess that I never use the DHCP as it makes the device difficult to find later on when its address changes.

Jim
August 26, 2016 03:01PM
Jim ,

Many thanks , in the meantime i will let you know if i get it working.

Luke
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.