Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BV4618 debounce does not work.

Posted by FrankenPC 
BV4618 debounce does not work.
July 14, 2013 05:11AM
Hi.

Does anyone else have problems setting the BV4618 debounce property? i.e. "{ESC}[100r" or any value beyond 50? No matter what I set that value to, I get the exact same key stutter (double or triple key presses). All other functions for the keypad and LCD work. I am not using the hardware interrupt.
Re: BV4618 debounce does not work.
July 14, 2013 09:30AM
The maximum debounce value is 255 - this is not mentioned in the data sheet.
July 14, 2013 03:46PM
What is this value? milliseconds between full 16 switch pad scan? Milliseconds between individual key evaluation?

Regardless, there is no difference between 50, 100, 200...the key pad continues to stack up two or three presses SOMETIMES. Others, it works fine. It's like it's glitching.
July 15, 2013 07:10AM
The fact that debounce is having no effect means that the problem lays elsewhere (obviously). Some suggestions:
Start with the hardware first, check that the switches are not a high resistance when closed, ideally they should close at 0R,
check the wiring for loose dry joints and also the power supply could possibly cause this if it is fluctuating. If the switches are really bad then no amount of debounce will help.

Don't forget the software, check for subtle bugs that could introduce the extra keys, is there a timer involved? Could it be reading the value twice but only sometimes?

Hope that helps.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login