Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BV4618

Posted by ugine 
BV4618
July 26, 2012 03:01PM
When connecting to the keypad, the rows and cols were reversed. When I assumed that the C0-C3 and R0-R3 on the interface were reversed then it worked fine. The keypad itself appears to be correct using a meter.

I cannot get the interrupt line to work on the keypad connector. I get an active low with the first key but it never resets. Which command is used to get the key char when using interrupts? Will this command reset the interrupt pin?

On the LCD, I don't find a command to turn the cursor on/off or a blink function on/off. If it's not in the library, what code should I add to the .cpp and .h files to create those functions? The Adafruit library has these functions for their LCD but I need your combined LCD/keypad library.
Re: BV4618
July 26, 2012 03:06PM
The rows and columns depend on the keypad, it does not matter which way round they are as each key will produce a unique scan code that can be decoded by the attached host.

The interrupt line will be low whenever there is a key value in the key buffer, it goes high when there are no keys in there. The keys are removed with the get key command esc[k

To switch the cursor off see the FAQ here.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login